Meet the Schoeneblogger

My photo
I'm the Schoeneblogger. Come on in, and have a look around. While you're here, you should join in the conversation. If you want to find out a little more about me click that tab below that says "about me." If you like what you read or want some of your friends to join the conversation, click the "share on facebook" below the blog. (same goes for twitter or google+)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Feeling Enriched

...And yet I/We have so much work to do!

What a great Marriage Enrichment Workshop at FSBC family. Thanks to all the team who worked so hard today so that other couples could relax and take it all in and focus on their spouses! Also, thanks to the team from West Side Family Church for their great leadership and all the break out classes.

It helps all of us to take an honest look at ourselves in regard to all walks of this Christ life but even more so in this most precious gift of God... MARRIAGE. I think we can easily get weary of continually trying to compromise/get our way/give in/give up, that we take so much of the simple wisdom for granted. Jesus is the center - period. There is no other way. We honor Him to work hard at unity. Here is the the list of things I'm trying to apply from this weekend. Remember this is just me, not Melanie. She has her own take away which will also benefit us both.

  1. Be the Lamb and/or Owl (the other animals don't work)
  2. Compromise sometimes means the other person gets their way. (and it's okay!)
  3. Communicate at level 5 always (even when you don't feel like going upstairs)
  4. When you come to an agreement keep it (and forget the other options you passed over - they are no longer relevant or helpful)
  5. Talk about your budget (yeah that means together)

Well, If I can do these things and keep Jesus at the CENTER of 1-5 and all the rest that well follow, then our marriage will keep getting better and better. It's what we wanted when we said "I Do" and we want it more than ever now and for tomorrow. I'm so happy I have a godly, patient and growing wife! It was a great time for us to stop and refocus.

No comments: