I'm struggling with the burden of having not blogged since May. I started blogging years ago to put my thought into writing. Writing is a great way to organize one's thoughts, though I'm not as disciplined at it now as I hope to one day be. It's something I think everyone should do.
Though I haven't been blogging I have continued reading a number of blogs. All bloggers blog for a reason. I'll give you some examples using the different blogs I like to follow.
1. Some bloggers blog because they are creative leaders. I like to follow the blog by Michael Hyatt. He blogs often and I can't always keep up, but I go back and read the blogs that grab my interest. Another creative leader I often follow is Randy Elrod. Also very creative, I have gained a lot from his blogs about how he uses technology.
2. Some bloggers blog to encourage. My pastor's blog, joestiles.wordpress, fits into this category, I believe. Though, he writes about a number of things, including family, most of his blogs are very encouraging to our congregation.
3. Other bloggers blog to organize their thoughts. I'm allowing for some overlap here, because I'm sure, to some extent, all bloggers write for this purpose. This is a great thing to do. I've already admitted that blogging helps me organize my thoughts.
4. Many bloggers blog to teach. I think our youth pastor, Andy, has taken this approach to blogging, as has another friend, Tracy, new to the blogging world.
5. Lastly, there are those bloggers, whose blogs are place for community. Rabbit Room, Shaun Groves are a couple of my frequent stops for this. Rabbit Room is a community of artists, (writers, musicians, etc.) seeking to use art to glorify God. It has become one of my favorite stops on the web.
I mean to leave room for overlap here and you may even have your own reasons for blogging that are not included on this list. It's not exclusive. When I blog, I have in mind several of the purposes listed above.
Maybe you don't blog, but you find yourself following several different blogs. You have your reasons. I'd be flattered if you would follow my blog. Join the others by clicking the "follow" tab. Or even better, leave a comment on one of my blogs and let's start up a conversation.
Why do you blog? If you do not blog, what purpose would lead you to consider blogging? Why do you read blogs? What blogs do you find yourself reading most often?
Meet the Schoeneblogger
- Alden Schoeneberg
- I'm the Schoeneblogger. Come on in, and have a look around. While you're here, you should join in the conversation. If you want to find out a little more about me click that tab below that says "about me." If you like what you read or want some of your friends to join the conversation, click the "share on facebook" below the blog. (same goes for twitter or google+)
Pick A Post Any Post
Worship Words (27) Return to Jesus (9) The Church (9) Creativity (7) Discipleship (7) Good Reads (7) LLYWD11 (7) Make A Difference (5) Music (4) Prayer (4) TheNewNormal (4) Analogies Unleashed (3) Made Up Diary (3) Social Media (3) Blather - Tongue In Cheek (2) Give Forgiveness (2) Production (2) Worship Tech (2) Psalms (1) Thanksgiving (1) one-word-blog (1)