Meet the Schoeneblogger

My photo
I'm the Schoeneblogger. Come on in, and have a look around. While you're here, you should join in the conversation. If you want to find out a little more about me click that tab below that says "about me." If you like what you read or want some of your friends to join the conversation, click the "share on facebook" below the blog. (same goes for twitter or google+)

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Growing into EverNote

I started using EverNote early last spring when a friend turned my attention to it. I wish I could say that I'm an expert, on the contrary, I'm far from it.

Currently I'm using EverNote for keeping track of my Audio and Video teams schedules. It used be tedious to weed through all my old emails looking for the 2 month sign up schedule for these teams, just so I could send them reminders for serving. Now once those dates are filled with the names of my fantastic A/V team members, I simply forward the email to my EverNote and it is only a few seconds away and available to me on 3 devices; iPhone, iPad and computer.

Additionally, I've been using EverNote to keep track of my writing ideas and notes. When a blog idea comes to me I write something about it in EverNote. When a story idea comes - Evernote. I tweet or link to read later - I send it to EverNote.

My goal is to use EverNote more often and More effectively. For help with this, I'm studying and trying to apply the instructions and ideas I've found at Michael Hyatt's blog. Here is a blog of his where he has organized all his EverNote blogs.

A List of handy blogs for evernote users and learners!

Do you use EverNote? How do you use it? How does it help you the most?

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I love Evernote! (Not quite as much as Hyatt!)

I use it primarily to, 1. capture any random thing I find online or hear that either sparks creativity or makes me think, "I might want that later" and 2. organize ideas for any upcoming message series.

I also use it to sync documents between my laptop and my iPad quickly.

Alden Schoeneberg said...

Like I said, I'm still learning to use it and appreciate it. The possibilities seem so endless that I find it difficult to pick a direction. Any suggestions, Dustin?