Meet the Schoeneblogger

My photo
I'm the Schoeneblogger. Come on in, and have a look around. While you're here, you should join in the conversation. If you want to find out a little more about me click that tab below that says "about me." If you like what you read or want some of your friends to join the conversation, click the "share on facebook" below the blog. (same goes for twitter or google+)

Thursday, March 03, 2011

New Life Has Begun

As Christ followers, we hear how we are new creations, but what does that mean? When each of us first came to Christ we confessed our depravity and our need for Him. We made a conscious decision to believe that He is the living Son of God who came to die for our sin, taking our penalty upon himself. We also made a statement to make Him our LORD.

His role of Savior AND Lord are purposefully interlinked. Trusting Him as Savior may happen for us at a single point in time, while giving Him Lordship is a daily decision. This truth is at the heart of our 2011 theme TRANSFORMATION.

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

It is as we daily surrender ALL the details of our lives to Christ, that he TRANSFORMS our lives. In 2011 may allow Jesus Christ TRANSFORM OUR LIVES, by letting Him live through us.

Ezekiel 36:26-27

26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.

No comments: